The warmer and longer days of spring are here. This means it is a great time to open up your windows, do your spring cleaning, and head outdoors. However, for some people, being able to let fresh air into the home or even go outside to spring clean their deck, patio, or porch could be difficult, thanks to seasonal allergies.
Everyone knows that in the spring, flowers, trees, and other vegetation start to come out of their long winter sleep and start to grow once more. As a result, the amount of pollen in the air increases and can set off seasonal allergies. Pollen is catapulted from the wonderful-smelling blooms and flowers you see everywhere.
Dealing with seasonal allergies and being able to spend time outdoors is not much fun. The itchy watery eyes, sneezing, coughing, and runny nose is enough to send you inside until spring passes. Yet, you would be missing out on so much by shutting yourself away indoors.
Even if you suffer from seasonal allergies, it does not mean you have to become a shut-in until the pollen levels subside. There are several things you can do around the home, so you can still enjoy the springtime weather.
- Wear a facemask when outdoors doing spring cleaning chores. The facemask will help filter out the pollen and make your allergies less severe.
- Detail clean your patio, porch, and deck. You want to remove everything from these areas and give them a good power washing to remove dust, dirt, pollen, and cobwebs. You will also want to detail clean all furniture and fixtures. Remember to clean your grill, as spiders like to retreat into it during colder weather and there could be all sorts of spider webs inside.
- Build enclosures around your patio, porch, and deck. After you have detailed cleaned these areas of your home, the next thing you can do is to build an enclosure around them to keep out the springtime pollen. There are several different options for enclosing these areas. The easiest one is to use existing covered areas and install clear vinyl drop curtains.
If you do not have an existing cover over your patio, porch, or deck, it is not difficult to build such a structure—or look for one that is already prebuilt and just needs to be installed and secured in place. The vinyl patio curtains consist of several different panels that you can secure together. They allow sunlight into your patio, porch, or deck, and, at the same time, they help you enjoy spending time outdoors without worrying about your allergies.
In addition, you can continue to enjoy your favorite outdoor areas on wet, windy, and rainy days. It can be rather therapeutic to sit outside during a rain shower and watch the rain coming down. Best of all? You won’t have to worry about getting wet since you will be inside your patio, porch, or deck enclosure.
Why Spending Time Outdoors Can Improve Your Health
When you spend time outdoors on your enclosed patio, porch, or deck and allow the natural sunlight to shine through your clear vinyl drop curtains, you can gain several health benefits. If you do not suffer from seasonal allergies, you can roll up a few sections of the vinyl curtains to create a nature fresh breeze, which has additional benefits for your overall health and wellbeing.
- Exposure to sunlight helps stimulate natural Vitamin D production in the body. Vitamin D is an essential vitamin the body needs for a variety of purposes and functions, including helping to maintain strong and healthy bones.
- Our moods can improve from spending time outdoors and getting a little fresh air. People who take time out of their busy routines to enjoy a half hour outdoors every day tend to be happier, have a more positive outlook on life, and are more relaxed and upbeat.
- Spending time outdoors improves sleep patterns and sleep cycles. Since the body is more relaxed from being exposed to the outdoors, it is easier to fall asleep. Plus, many people notice more restful sleep and waking up refreshed and full of energy to start their days.
- Stress and anxiety levels can be reduced by spending more time outdoors in a quiet area. Unwinding after a long work day on your patio, porch, or deck and just enjoying the scenery can help us let go of any work-related anxiety or stress much faster.
- Creativity and concentration levels are much improved by spending time outdoors on a regular basis. People find it is easier for them to concentrate on tasks and other things they need to do and not be as easily distracted. For those of us who like to be creative, our thought processes are enhanced, allowing us to tap into creativeness and turn out better finished
- Activity levels tend to increase in people who spend time outdoors. The more time you spend outside, the more likely you are to increase activity levels, often without noticing it. For instance, you like gardening and are finding you are spending more time working with your plants and flowers if you have in pots and planters on your patio.
- Increased activity levels also help promote weight loss. A side effect of spending more time outside and being more active is potentially losing weight. It is easy to shed some excess fat and pounds because you are doing more outside and gaining the other health benefits, which all work together to improve your overall wellbeing.
- Weight loss helps lower blood pressure. If you are overweight, you could have problems with high blood pressure. By spending more time outdoors, increasing activity levels, and losing some weight, your blood pressure could also go down.
As you can see, spending more time outdoors can bring with it several health benefits you can enjoy as an added bonus. Even for those us with seasonal allergies, as long as you are spending time outside each day on your patio, porch, or deck, and have enclosed it with clear vinyl patio curtains, you, too, can take advantage of many of these health benefits.
Tips for Selecting Outdoor Patio Curtains
There are differences in outdoor patio curtains you need to be aware of to ensure you get the best quality. Among these, the vinyl should be durable and resistant to yellowing in the sunlight. The vinyl should also be thick enough to block out wind, rain, snow, and other inclement weather but not too thick that it can be difficult to roll up the plastic panels.
You should also take the time to ask the supplier the following questions:
- Do you offer customizations? If the supplier tells you no, they just offer “one-size-fits-all” products, look elsewhere. Everyone has their own specific size requirements and other customizations they might need. It is better to work with a supplier that will listen to your needs and provide you with custom patio enclosures—like EnclosureGuy.
- What level of support is available? You need to find out how to measure to get an accurate quote and how to install the curtains and have other questions answered. EnclosureGuy wants to make sure you get the help and support you need. We feature several different videos for you to watch, or you can call us, and we will answer any of your questions.
- Where are your products made? All of Enclosure Guy’s patio curtains and shades are made here in the United States. We believe manufacturing them here provides a superior quality finished product that is also more durable.
- What warranty is offered on your outdoor patio curtains? A decent warranty period is five years, to cover failures in normal use due to defects in materials or workmanship, along with a limited lifetime warranty on all trolley and track hardware.
To order your custom patio curtains for your home or business, or for more information, please feel free to contact Enclosure Guy at 888-254-6892 today! You can also fill out our FREE online estimate form to get started now!
Please keep in mind, since all of our products are customized to your specifications, it does take between four and six weeks to manufacture and ship them to your home or business. Don’t delay! Order now, so you can get your new drop curtains before spring is over.